Limits of DSolve ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49743] Limits of DSolve ?
- From: mashfour077 at yahoo.com (Mash Four077)
- Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:01:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
All, appreciate some advice in this: need to solve (analytically) several systems of differential equations, some smaller with just a few equations & variables, some larger with several equations & variables (e.g. 20 equations). To see whether / how Mathematica could do that, I have downloaded its demo of version 5. This works pretty good for one system I have of 4 equations, but for another system of 8 equations it is taking a long long time (has been running on an *average* PC desktop system for 5 hours now, without results). So I started wondering: is there any information on limits of DSolve as to e.g. the number of equations one should / could analyse using DSolve, providing one only has an *average* system at their disposal. Thanks on beforehand, regards, Elly