Filename in notebook windows limited to 8 chars

Hello,

since I installed mathematica 5.0 the filename displayed as the Title of
the notebook's windows
is limited to 8 characters (like it used to be under DOS with a ~) but I use
windows XP.

I tried to reinstall mathematica twice but it did not help.

Did anyone of you experience the same probleme?

Thanks for any help,

Simon.