Re: Random Matrix of Integers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48565] Re: [mg48544] Random Matrix of Integers
  • From: "Bruce W. Colletti" <bcolletti at>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 07:19:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Until Sasha replied, I had wanted RandomArray because it was supposedly the
best way to create random matrices.  Although Sasha showed how to do this
(DiscreteUniformDistribution was the key), he also showed it was slower than
the Table approach.

Your solution below reveals yet-another-thing I didn't know about
Mathematica:  the use of ampersand in Array.  This answers an unposted
question I had abandoned.  Thanks!