version differences?

hello group.

the webpage

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Articles/1658/

has a notebook named checking.nb. (from 1998)

does anyone else have problems running the inputs in that notebook?

I get errors running method3-7. I think it has to do withther version
differences with NDSolve. I wonder if there's gonna be an updated
versin of that notebook?  with the residual method I get weird
increasing sine wave type of curve. I wasn't sure if it was just me or
others are having the same problems.

it will be great if someone figures out a way to *automagically* make
old codes compatible with newer and improved functions.

thanks all for any comments in advance.

sean