Combining plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48618] Combining plots
  • From: Johan <vdmeer at science.uva.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 00:48:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

Suppose I wish to show a combined plot, for instance

a:=ListPlot[{1,2,3}]
b:=ListPlot[{4,5,5}]

using Show[a,b]

Now Mathematica draws 3 graphics, one of a, b and one of a and b
combined. I want to only see the third combined graph and not the first
two graphs. Is that possible?

I tried something with setting DisplayFunction to Identity in a and b,
but then Show doesn't show anything... Help!

Thanks!

Johan