Solutions to the Flexural Gravity Dispersion Relation.. help needed
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48704] Solutions to the Flexural Gravity Dispersion Relation.. help needed
- From: lakitosh at yahoo.co.in (Lakitosh)
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:52:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi.. Can somebody tell me how to solve for the complex solutions of the following equation: s^2 = -g( 1 + D*K(n)^4 ) K(n) tan [K(n)*h] where n = 1,2... and for each value of n the equation has five roots. The first root is real and positive and the other four roots are complex of the form +- a +- ib. Also, (n-0.5)*pi < k(n)*h < n*pi is a restraining condition for n = 1,2,... Here we know the values of s, g, h and D. Solve for K(n).