Re: Scriptable Mathematica tools for auto-editing text?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48709] Re: Scriptable Mathematica tools for auto-editing text?
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:52:34 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <ca90ks$t2t$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch> wrote: > The standard Mathematica functions provide a very powerful toolkit for this > kind of thing. There are various approaches depending on what you want to > do. It is worth reading the section "Files and Streams" in the Mathematica > book and also being familiar with the Import, ReadList and Export functions. Thanks -- that's very much the kind of thing I had in mind. (and I'd actually enjoy learning the tools and putting together my own package for this -- except it all too often seems I'm spending more than 90% of my working time learning new tools in multiple software applications, and less than 10% in actually getting any work done with them.)