Re: Scriptable Mathematica tools for auto-editing text?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48709] Re: Scriptable Mathematica tools for auto-editing text?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:52:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <ca90ks$t2t$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch> wrote:

> The standard Mathematica functions provide a very powerful toolkit for this
> kind of thing.  There are various approaches depending on what you want to
> do.  It is worth reading the section "Files and Streams" in the Mathematica
> book and also being familiar with the Import, ReadList and Export functions.

Thanks -- that's very much the kind of thing I had in mind.

(and I'd actually enjoy learning the tools and putting together my own
package for this -- except it all too often seems I'm spending more than
90% of my working time learning new tools in multiple software
applications, and less than 10% in actually getting any work done with
them.)