Re: Re: Random Matrix of Integers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48836] Re: Re: Random Matrix of Integers
  • From: "Peter Pein" <petsie at>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"Ellis, George" <George.Ellis at Cognos.COM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ca6iij$j7h$1 at
> Dear Peter and Sasha,
> I get Peter's result if I run the two code snippets code without first
> RandonArray appears to complete the Do loop task in 0.04 second and
> Table[Random[Interger.. Takes 0.451 second.
> However, when I first load "<<Statistics`Master`" and then execute the
> two snippets: RandomArray takes 2.133 second and Table[Random[Interger..
> Takes, again, 0.451.
> I apologize for the abbreviations above.  However, it appears that Peter
> has not loaded the DiscreteDistributions package before running the
> code.  (I think I know, because I did the same thing  :-)
> Regards,
> George

Yes, that's it. I first tried if it works correctly, played a while, killed
the kernel to start in a clean state and forgot to load the addons, when
timing the functions.

sorry for the confusion and the delayed response,
Peter Pein, Berlin
to write to me, start the subject with [