Re: Re: Random Matrix of Integers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48836] Re: Re: Random Matrix of Integers
  • From: "Peter Pein" <petsie at arcor.de>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 02:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Ellis, George" <George.Ellis at Cognos.COM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ca6iij$j7h$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Dear Peter and Sasha,
>
> I get Peter's result if I run the two code snippets code without first
> RandonArray appears to complete the Do loop task in 0.04 second and
> Table[Random[Interger.. Takes 0.451 second.
>
> However, when I first load "<<Statistics`Master`" and then execute the
> two snippets: RandomArray takes 2.133 second and Table[Random[Interger..
> Takes, again, 0.451.
>
> I apologize for the abbreviations above.  However, it appears that Peter
> has not loaded the DiscreteDistributions package before running the
> code.  (I think I know, because I did the same thing  :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> George

Yes, that's it. I first tried if it works correctly, played a while, killed
the kernel to start in a clean state and forgot to load the addons, when
timing the functions.

sorry for the confusion and the delayed response,
Peter
--
Peter Pein, Berlin
to write to me, start the subject with [