Shared variables between notebooks?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46780] Shared variables between notebooks?
- From: richter at cs.montana.edu (Neal Richter)
- Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:34:10 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I'm using Mathematica 4.1 for Linux and am noticing some odd behavior. 1) It appears that when I have multiple notebooks open, the variables and functions are 'shared'.. ie they have global scope. Can I change this? 2) Is there a "#include" type command in mathematica? I'd like to be able to have a notebook with common functions I use, and include it in other notebooks where use the functions. As you can tell I'm a C/C++ programmer. Has anyone on the list used the Mathematica->C++ code generator? Opinions? Thanks! Neal Richter