Re: Bug report for MathixExp applied to a matrix of more-than-machine-precision numbers.

On 3/5/04 at 1:47 AM, pavlyk at phys.psu.edu (Oleksandr Pavlyk) wrote:

>I am not sure on how to report a bug in Mathematica, so I would
>write to the forum, knowing that the list is modetated :)

>In[1]:= $Version

>Out[1]= "5.0 for Microsoft Windows (June 11, 2003)"

<mat definition skipped>

>In[3]:= MatrixExp[mat]

>generates  Divide::indet,  Divide::infy, \[Infinity]::"indet"
>errors before Windows reports a crash of MathKernel, and shuts it
>down prompting to report the incident to Microsoft.

I just pasted the definition for mat from your email to Mathematica 5 running on Mac OS 10.3.2 and had no problems with MatrixExp. So, this doesn't seem to be a bug in Mathematica. Perhaps you should do as the message suggests and report the incident to Microsoft.