Re: Bug report for MathixExp applied to a matrix of more-than-machine-precision numbers.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46772] Re: Bug report for MathixExp applied to a matrix of more-than-machine-precision numbers.
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:33:52 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 3/5/04 at 1:47 AM, pavlyk at phys.psu.edu (Oleksandr Pavlyk) wrote: >I am not sure on how to report a bug in Mathematica, so I would >write to the forum, knowing that the list is modetated :) >In:= $Version >Out= "5.0 for Microsoft Windows (June 11, 2003)" <mat definition skipped> >In:= MatrixExp[mat] >generates Divide::indet, Divide::infy, \[Infinity]::"indet" >errors before Windows reports a crash of MathKernel, and shuts it >down prompting to report the incident to Microsoft. I just pasted the definition for mat from your email to Mathematica 5 running on Mac OS 10.3.2 and had no problems with MatrixExp. So, this doesn't seem to be a bug in Mathematica. Perhaps you should do as the message suggests and report the incident to Microsoft. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four