- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46785] Substitution
- From: "Bruce W. Colletti" <bcolletti at compuserve.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 04:10:20 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How to make the variable Subscript[p,D] wholly unrelated to variable p?
For instance, the notebook...
p = a x + b x;
p + Subscript[p,D]
...produces a x + b x + Subscript[ax+bx,D].
But I want p + Subscript[p,D] and thereafter, to freely use
Subscript[p,D] without it being affected by the p-value. Symbolizing
Subscript[p,D] didn't work.
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica to Word
Next by Date:
Problem with Mathematica driving me nuts
Previous by thread:
FW: Symbolic computation with vector fields and tensors
Next by thread: