- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46814] Re: Substitution
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 04:31:00 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
it works well for me
p = a x + b x;
\!\(p + p\_D\)
\!\(p\_D + a\ x + b\ x\)
"Bruce W. Colletti" wrote:
> How to make the variable Subscript[p,D] wholly unrelated to variable p?
> For instance, the notebook...
> p = a x + b x;
> p + Subscript[p,D]
> ...produces a x + b x + Subscript[ax+bx,D].
> But I want p + Subscript[p,D] and thereafter, to freely use
> Subscript[p,D] without it being affected by the p-value. Symbolizing
> Subscript[p,D] didn't work.
Prev by Date:
Re: Problem with Mathematica driving me nuts
Next by Date:
RE: Problem with Mathematica driving me nuts
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Problem with Mathematica driving me nuts