Re: Excessive Mathematica memory use, revisited.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46928] Re: Excessive Mathematica memory use, revisited.
- From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:37:35 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Check out "binarica":
The Binarica notebook contains cells for fast reading of a binary file
and conversion of its IEEE single-precision floating point byte stream
into Mathematica (machine-precision) Reals. The processing maintains
the (Mathematica 4.X) PackedArray representation so crucial to memory
and speed efficiency.
Although crafted only for PC-endian byte format, and merely for IEEE
single-precision, the methods provided are sufficiently generalizable
by an interested user.
I've found it quite tricky, but doable, to get near-optimal space-time
performance on binary import.
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica 5: Integration bug in quadratic found by the GEMM machine
Next by Date:
q's about NumericQ and saving interpolating function
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Excessive Mathematica memory use, revisited.
Next by thread:
RE: Re: Excessive Mathematica memory use, revisited.