Re: shade area between vertical lines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46915] Re: shade area between vertical lines
  • From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:37:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

        Red,
        Line[{{1,-1}, {1,5} }],
        Line[{{2,-1}, {2,5} }]}],
    Axes->True, AxesFront->True,
    AspectRatio->1];

Bob Hanlon

In article <c33d6f$fs3$1 at smc.vnet.net>, elmanthira
<my_name at microsoftsnetwork.com> wrote:

<< I know that it is possible to have Mathematica generate a plot that
shows the area shaded in between the lines y=1 and y=2 with something like:
<<Graphics`FilledPlot`;
FilledPlot[{1, 2}, {x, -1, 5}, PlotRange -> {-1, 5}]

This makes a lovely display of the open set in R^2 {(x,y):1<y<2}.

I wish to intersect this with the set in R^2 {(x,y):1<x<2}.

First, how can I make it graph the four lines on the same plot, AND
shade in rectangle formed by the overlapping bars.

Ideally, I'd want the bars to be shaded in with the rectangle formed to
have some sort of crosshatch pattern, or other "darker" area.  It seems
that Mathematica automatically does some color differentiation for
different regions, and that would be adequate, I hope.