Length of actual parameters in a function call.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47077] Length of actual parameters in a function call.
- From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at houston.rr.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:48:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, A few weeks ago, reviewing some tutorials on pattern matching and error handling, I came across an undocumented function to monitor the number of parameters submitted to a function in a call; but somehow I lost its track later. I guess that it must be something well-known by our specialists. Any help about where to locate it? The undocumented feature helps in tracking situations as when we define "MyFunction[a_,b_,c_]:= something" and then it is called as "myFunction[a]" leaving the function unevaluated. E. martin-Serrano