Re: NDSolve Repeated convergence test failure

Paul,

Thank you so much for your reply.  Reading your reply, I realized that I
can identify the singularity, and solve this problem in a two part
"piecewise" fashion.  It would still be nice if NDSolve identified this
transition from a second order to first order ODE and correctly integrated
the entire solution, but perhaps there are technical reasons that it
doesn't.  So, for now, I have an effective workaround in place.  Seeing
the complete plot, I also realized I had a mistake in the control law,
which I have corrected.  The updated notebook is available here in case
you are interested.

http://students.cs.tamu.edu/sro7516/double-pendulum-2.nb

Thank you!

Steve