Re: Yet another Mathematica docs whopper

On 3/27/04 at 1:34 AM, Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
wrote:

>Am I expecting too much from Wolfram when I post here and don't
>send them a separate comment or bug report?

It rather depends on what you are expecting.

Basically, MathGroup is a group of Mathematica users helping each other. It isn't an official Wolfram forum. The fact some employees of Wolfram post here doesn't make it an official Wolfram forum. I doubt any mechanism exists for logging bugs reported in MathGroup in a manner that ensures they get addressed. I assume bugs reported to support at wolfram.com do get logged in a manner that ensures they are addressed. Consequently, real bugs need to be reported support at wolfram.com whether or not they are also discussed in this forum.

OTOH, this is a very good forum for getting questions answered regarding problems (not bugs) you encounter when using Mathematica.