Re: Music to Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47167] Re: Music to Mathematica
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve1 at>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:08:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You could try creating your music using some notation software, saving it in
ABC format, reading this ABC file using Mathematica, and converting the
input data to your choice of musical objects in Mathematica.

If you haven't got a notation package that does this then you could try
using TablEdit which is at You can save up to 16
bars worth in the unregistered version. The ABC format looks to be easily

Steve Luttrell

news:c437hs$ecj$1 at