make 0*Infinity = 0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47257] make 0*Infinity = 0
- From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at umich.edu>
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:03:54 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm really stumped on how to make 0*Infinity evaluate to 0. I've tried all the obvious things, like Unprotect[Infinity]; Infinity*0 = 0; along with all the variations I can think of using UpSet and DirectedInfinity[_], etc. Alas, 0*Infinity always comes back with Indeterminate. Thanks! Daniel -- http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves - - google://"Daniel Reeves" Optimist: The glass is half full. Pessimist: The glass is half empty. Engineer: The glass is too big.