Implementing Mathematica

I've knocked up a little interpreter of part of the core language of
Mathematica, written in the ocaml language:

http://www.chem.pwf.cam.ac.uk/~jdh30/programming/mathematica/

I've now optimised the interpreter so that it runs the Ackermann function at
about 1/3rd the speed that Mathematica does.

I believe I have thought of a way to greatly increase the speed of the
interpreter. However, I can't really justify spending any more time on this
unless there is a chance that Wolfram, or someone, would be interested in
buying the result. Is anyone interested in this?

Cheers,
Jon.