- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48013] Implementing Mathematica
- From: Jon Harrop <jdh30 at cam.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 08:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Cambridge
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've knocked up a little interpreter of part of the core language of Mathematica, written in the ocaml language: http://www.chem.pwf.cam.ac.uk/~jdh30/programming/mathematica/ I've now optimised the interpreter so that it runs the Ackermann function at about 1/3rd the speed that Mathematica does. I believe I have thought of a way to greatly increase the speed of the interpreter. However, I can't really justify spending any more time on this unless there is a chance that Wolfram, or someone, would be interested in buying the result. Is anyone interested in this? Cheers, Jon.