Re: Re: kuen surface
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48074] Re: Re: kuen surface
- From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 05:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Peltio" <peltioNOSP at Mdespammed.com.invalid>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Wolf, Hartmut" wrote
>Yes, a single view is not enough to look at this marvelleous thing.
I remember an article in an old issue of the Mathematica Journal that
illustrated a function to 'cut into' 3D graphics. For a given surface an
animation was generated with two view of the surface cut at a plane that
gradually moved from one end to the other of the enclosing box.
IIRC, one of the surfaces used to test this function was Kuen's surface.
I guess the package was/is downloadable from the Mathsource, but I don't
remember which issue it was in. The name should be Slice or SliceShow.
Hope this helps, anyway.
Invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.
Prev by Date:
big imaginary error in region integration
Next by Date:
Re: Drawing a globe, with countries and great circle routes
Previous by thread:
RE: Re: kuen surface
Next by thread:
Re: kuen surface