Re: Drawing a globe, with countries and great circle routes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48148] Re: Drawing a globe, with countries and great circle routes
  • From: adam.smith at hillsdale.edu (Adam Smith)
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 20:59:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To get rid of the vertical black line add the directive WorldFrame->None

In[1]:=
<<Graphics`Colors`

In[2]:=
<<Miscellaneous`WorldPlot`

In[3]:=
countryColors[country_] :=
  Switch[  country,  "Australia", Green,  "USA", Blue,  "Papua New Guinea",
    IndianRed,  "Brazil", Gold,  "Peru", LampBlack,  _, GrayLevel[.6]  ]

In[4]:=
WorldPlot[{World,countryColors},WorldProjection -> Orthographic,
    WorldRotation ->{30,45,0},WorldFrame -> None];

Adam Smith