Re: colored alphabet for string output

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48207] Re: [mg48188] colored alphabet for string output
  • From: Oleksandr Pavlyk <pavlyk at>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 04:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Curt,

First you split your strings into characters,
using Characters["string"], then you treat
each character the way you intended to do it,
converting a list of characters into a list
of StyleBoxes, and then you display them together
wrapping them with RowBox. The code follows.

myList = {"abcdefg",
     "hijklmn", "prstuv"};
colorFunc[x_] :=
   Hue[Sequence @@