Re: From C/C++ to Mathematica? going the other way?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48245] Re: From C/C++ to Mathematica? going the other way?
  • From: "Roger L. Bagula" <rlbtftn at netscape.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 02:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

http://www.scienceops.com/Mathematica.asp?sID=68

Mathematica

Mathematica is used extensively for algorithm development, precision
validation, and data visualization by ScienceOps:

     * Algorithm development
           o Rapid prototyping making use of numerous built in functions
and features
           o Symbolic derivation ability
           o Deriving analytic solutions and limiting cases
           o Mathematica's variable precision allows complete
examination of algorithm's numerical precision
     o Mathematica notebook feature allows extensive documentation of
algorithm development

     * Validation of Algorithms
           o Validation of algorithm precision through variable
precision feature
           o Data visualation tools expedite process of
                 + Comparison to analytic solutions
           + Comparison to experimental data
     o Mathematica notebook feature allows complete documentation of
validation process

     * Software development based on Mathematica algorithm
           o Export of source code elements straight from Mathematica
derivations
           o Porting Mathematica algorithms to other languages such as
C/C++ and Fortran
           o Validation of new software by direct comparison with
Mathematica model results
           o Using MathLink to connect Mathematica programs to external
programs:
                 + Peer to peer or client-server linkage to external
programs in C/C++ or Fortran
                 + Active connectivity to external parallel programs
           + Database connectivity

Using our Mathematica algorithm development process ensures the full
solution space is examined producing an optimal and valid solution. The
final algorithm is fully documented and validated in small fraction of
normal research and development time.

ScienceOps provides the scientific computing solutions your business
requires to succeed. Are you currently experiencing a problem with your
scientific computing efforts? Tell us about it. All initial
consultations are free.

Request ScienceOps solutions

ScienceOps services are offered world wide.

All images & text Copyright © 2003 TUI/ScienceOps. No re-use without
written authorization.