Filename in notebook windows limited to 8 chars

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48296] Filename in notebook windows limited to 8 chars
  • From: "Simon" <darktab at>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 03:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

since I installed mathematica 5.0 the filename displayed as the Title of
the notebook's windows
is limited to 8 characters (like it used to be under DOS with a ~) but I use
windows XP.

I tried to reinstall mathematica twice but it did not help.

Did anyone of you experience the same probleme?

Thanks for any help,