Re: NSolve freezes on two polynomial equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48422] Re: NSolve freezes on two polynomial equations
- From: carlos at colorado.edu (Carlos Felippa)
- Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 03:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Matthias.Bode at oppenheim.de wrote in message news:<c96gus$icc$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Gentlemen: > > I made my Mathematica Solve the "innocent looking system of 2 quadratic > equations". It worked with Mathematica 4.2, Windows XP, Dell Latitude D 600, > 512 MB: > The result is fine but it took some time: 1470 s. > Well, I was solving thousands of those systems in a program loop. Each NSolve typically takes 0.5 sec on my mac laptop. So if suddendly nothing happens for one or two minutes, I consider that a freeze, as I have to abort the code. > > > I believe this is a bug in NSolve handling of rational functions (I need > to look into this further). A work around would be to remove them with > Numerator[Together[...]]. > This change did solve the "freeze". Thanks.