Re: Eigensystem bug in Mathematica 5.0 (fixed in 5.0.1)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48460] Re: Eigensystem bug in Mathematica 5.0 (fixed in 5.0.1)
- From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:13:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Peltio" <peltioNOSP at Mdespammed.com.invalid>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Marcus Stollsteimer" wrote
>for those of you that work with complex matrices and
>have not upgraded to 5.0.1 so far, this might be interesting:
>Eigensystem does not give the correct eigenvalues /
>eigenvectors for complex matrices bigger than 256x256.
>(this bug has been reported to WRI and is fixed in 5.0.1)
I wonder if someone in WRI could shed some light on the reason that
allegedly made this a bug only on Pentiums and not on AMD's processors. Was
the code detecting the CPU type and using the SSE instructions (faster but
with lower internal precision w.r.t. the 80 bit x87 FPU operations)?
I am insolently curious. : )
invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.
Prev by Date:
Re: Removing non-numeric characters from a list
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Eigensystem bug in Mathematica 5.0 (fixed in 5.0.1)
Next by thread:
How to get the real part of an integral?