Graphics and Random[] questions

Hi Everyone,
Well I have 2 questions:
1) I have a notebook which involves manipulating 3d plots. However
everytime I run the notebook, after a while I get some kernel errors,
and the mathematica kernel just quits. It crashs after a while and
does not finsih evaluating all the cells. Is there a problem with my
computer? or is it because of the limitation to process (huge amount
of) graphics by Mathematica?

2) Random[Real, {-4,4}] gives a uniform distribution. However if I
would like to have a binomial distribution or any other kind of
distribution, would this be possible as well? If so then how is it
done?

Thanks in advance.

Namrata Khemka