Re: Another bizarre phenomenon

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51790] Re: Another bizarre phenomenon
  • From: nafod40 <noneya at>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:05:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
> On 29 Oct 2004, at 16:38, Steve Gray wrote:
>>I had no idea that an expensive, professional-level
>>program would have such obvious bugs.
> The only "obvious" bugs are reproducible ones. If you can reliably
> reproduce the buggy behaviour you have encountered report it to WRI and
> they will  most likely fix it.

I have sent them notebooks with the bug in place. And this isn't some
obscure little bug, this is a dagger right in the heart of the front end
if you ever use comments or colored fonts or other slightly non-plain
vanilla code. They know about it, because when we presented at the last
Mathematica conference we told them again and again.

And they haven't fixed it.