Re: Re: Hide Mathematica kernel window
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51862] Re: [mg51839] Re: Hide Mathematica kernel window
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at ihug.com.au>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:49:03 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Mukhtar <snippage> > Kernel window bears no function (except may be to force shut > down evaluation when mathematica stops responding to ALT+.) and I do > not see why it would be kept on desktop. May be it is beautiful. The kernel is quite useful in and of itself. For one, I can evaluate everything straight away -- I don't have to start the front end, hit "Evaluate", then wait for the kernel to load and my results to appear. In addition it is quite useful, provided your path is set accordingly, as a calculator in a console window. Regards, Dave.