Adding Vectors -- Newbie help please
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51958] Adding Vectors -- Newbie help please
- From: motz art <music at heart.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:19:39 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica v5: How can I input vectors in polar form and rectangular form? Example: a:= (r1, theta1) + (r2, theta2) Polar form. b:= (re1 , j* im1) + (re2, j*im2) Rectangular form I know this should be pretty basic, but I haven't found examples of this kind of input. I would guess it would be something like: Polar[magnitude, phase] Rectangular[Real, Imaginary] but, apparently not. (This is for electronics engineering.) Thanks for any help.