Re: Problems about Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51915] Re: Problems about Graphics
  • From: "MuTsun Tsai" <don.tsai at ms5.url.com.tw>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:17:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Urijah Kaplan wrote:
> MuTsun Tsai wrote:
>> I used to paste the graphics generated by Mathematica on my reports
>> written
>> with Microsoft Word, but I also have two problem :
>>
>> 1. The graphics always become bigger than it is in Mathematica notebook,
>> and
>> I'll have to resize it to 85% so that it will looks just the same size as
>> it
>> is in Mathematica. But at the beginning as I used Mathematica there's no
>> such problem; I can't remember exactly when this problem first happened.
>>
>> 2. The curves are not as smooth as they should be. No matter what I do
>> there's always sawtooth with it.
>>
>> What should I do to solve those problems? Thanks!
>
> 1.Are you sure the magnification is 100%?

Yes, quite sure.
I'm not sure if the problem is due to the different using of DPI between
Word and Mathematica, as Word is using 96DPI but Mathematica is 72DPI. It's
the only possible cause I can come up with.

> 2.Select the graphic, then Edit->Copy As->Metafile and paste it into Word.
>  You can also Export[] the graphics as Windows metafile format (.wmf).

I've tried that, but the metafile it exports already has sawtooth on it. Of
course it's not that obvious on the screen, but it does after printed out or
as I zoom in on the screen. I don't know why can't mathematica just generate
some smoother metafile.