importing bmp images

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52094] importing bmp images
  • From: pdickof at (Peter Dickof)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 04:45:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

When I import an image with myGraphics = Import[imageName, "BMP"] the
image size is wrong. (It should be 512x384, but Mathematica reads only
94 lines of 512. The image is created by some proprietary software on
Woindows, but I have no trouble reading it in IrfanView (a popular
shareware windows image tool). If I read the image in IrfanView and
save as a jpeg, I can read the resulting jpeg in Mathematica with no
problem. Math says it "supports Windows device‐independent
bitmaps that are compressed using run‐length encoding."
IrfanView says the image is uncompressed. I am Using Math

Any clues out there?

Peter Dickof