help with mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52279] help with mathlink
  • From: OT <montoz at>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:42:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm trying to learn how to use mathlink, but I'm still unable tu run
the simplest example provided with Mathematica (addtwo).

I'm using Mathematica 4.1 and MS Visual C++ 6.0

Here's the problem: I added to MS Visual c++ "project" the following
Source files:
- addtwo.c
Headers files:
- mathlink.h
Resource files:
- ml32i2m.lib

I can compile both the 2 source files with 0 errors and 0 warnings,
but when I try to link them to build the output - executable file I
get the error:

----------Configuration: addtwo - Win32 Debug----------
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/addtwo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

addtwo.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I really can't understand what's wrong... I'm only trying to follow
step-by-step the MathLink tutorial and it doesn't work... :(