Re: [Newbie Question] changing default font sizes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52418] Re: [Newbie Question] changing default font sizes
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:05:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter Petto wrote:
> I'm using Mathematica on Windows, on a computer with a 1600x1200
> display. The default sizes for display fonts, particularly in the
> notebook window are smaller than I would like.
>
> Could someone please give me some advice on how to change the
> default size of text so that it's bigger?
>
> I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Hi Peter,

some possibilities are...

1. use Format -> Magnification

2. go to Format -> Option Inspector...
         -> Formatting Options -> Font Options

   select Scope: notebook (or global) and choose your
   favorite font size.

3. edit the style sheet: Format -> Edit Style Sheet...

Best regards,
Marcus

PS. please use descriptive subject lines

--
God knows. Or guesses. -- John Irving