How to prevent from simplification?

How can I substitute values into an expression and prevent it from
beeing evaluated and simplified?

Assume I have an expression like

a + b/c

and I want to substitute values for a,b and such that the result looks
like

number + number

That is the evalution stops right before the addition.

I already tried HoldForm but it didn't work.