Re: 3D data set
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51016] Re: 3D data set
- From: Karl_boehme_9 at msn.com (Klaus G)
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 04:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Giovanni Bellesia <giovanni.bellesia at ucd.ie> wrote in message news:<cjdq0q$ar3$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Dear all, > > I have a general question regarding a topic which is not > completely new to the forum. > I have a 3D data set (from a Monte Carlo simulation) which are supposed > to lay approximately on a helix. > Does anybody knows a clear and efficient procedure to fit these points > to a regular, circular helix. > I read something about this in a message dated may 2004 by D.L. but I > wasn't able to download the related files > Thanks > Giovanni Why not try to Fit separately in two steps: Sqrt[x²+y²] = r z = c*t Klaus G.