  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51106] Re: [mg51097] Print with limited precision
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 04:36:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Steve,

Use NumberForm. The internal precision is retained.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Steve Gray [mailto:stevebg at adelphia.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

There must be some built-in function to print out decimal quantities with say
2 digits of precision to the right of the point. I want quantities such
as zz= -27.9873554 to print as -27.99, etc., but keeping the real precision
internally. I could write one easily enough but I would think there is
already such a thing. This seems trivial but I can't find how to do it in
Help, etc.

Steve Gray