MathLink error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51120] MathLink error
  • From: János <janos.lobb at>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 04:37:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am using a 1.25Ghz G4 with 2GB RAM and a 500Mhz iBook with 640MB RAM.
  Both have OSX 10.3.5.

Version Number:
Platform: Macintosh

Starting with Quit Kernel.

For[i = 1; cr = "actagag"; tgBinStack = {}, i ² 592,
    i++, tgBinStack = {tgBinStack, cr}]

MathLink Error

Message Box says:
Front End Message  (13:40:26 on 10/4/04)
There is not enough stack space for this operation.  Try increasing the
amount of stack space before running Mathematica.

If I limit "i" inside the For with 591, I do not have a MathLink Error
by displaying tgBinStack.  This number of 592 is the limit on both
machines, so it is independent of the available RAM and independent of
processor type from the list of G3 and G4.

Any suggestion on how to go beyond 592 ?  I need to go beyond tens of
thousands here.

Thanks ahead,

Janos:~ janos$ ulimit -s

People never lie so much as after a
hunt, during a war or before an election
- Otto von Bismarck -