recover a value in module at the end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51151] recover a value in module at the end
  • From: sean kim <sean_incali at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 04:34:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Group,

let's say you have a module that repeats many times.
and let's say you want to keep parameter(s) to memory
or output so that you can recover them at the end.

for instance,

Module[{},
Table[param1 = Random[];param2=Random[],{i, 1000}]
];

if I go
In[51]:= param1
         param2

Out[51]= 0.43482
Out[52]= 0.0305665

it only recovers the last number the module used.

I can do,

In[59]:= Module[{},
Table[{param1=Random[];param2=Random[]};
      param1>>>param1.txt
      ,{i,1000}]];
l1 = Import["param1.txt","List"];
Length[l1]

Out[61]= 4000

but the above will not overwrite the values from
previous iteration as shown by the length. ( i
repeated it 4 times)

what do I do if I want to over write the values from
previous iteration and form a new output file
everytime a Module is run?

thanks in advance  for any insights.

sean