Variance of sample and whole dataset
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51192] Variance of sample and whole dataset
- From: Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgroup at ziegenhagen.info>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Humboldt Universitaet zu Berlin
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
with Variance[list] and StandardDeviation[list] I get the
variance/std.dev for samples.
Is there any builtin command for the variance of whole dataset (division
by n, not by n-1)?
mail to newsgroup at ziegenhagen.info is read only from time to time. If
you need an urgent answer, google for me.
Prev by Date:
no line PlotStyles with ParametricPlot3D ?
Next by Date:
Sorting the Elements of a Non Rectangular List
Previous by thread:
Re: no line PlotStyles with ParametricPlot3D ?
Next by thread:
Re: Variance of sample and whole dataset