Variance of sample and whole dataset
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51192] Variance of sample and whole dataset
- From: Uwe Ziegenhagen <newsgroup at ziegenhagen.info>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 05:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Humboldt Universitaet zu Berlin
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, with Variance[list] and StandardDeviation[list] I get the variance/std.dev for samples. Is there any builtin command for the variance of whole dataset (division by n, not by n-1)? Uwe -- mail to newsgroup at ziegenhagen.info is read only from time to time. If you need an urgent answer, google for me.