Very basic question: Zoom into a 2-D plot with the mouse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51230] Very basic question: Zoom into a 2-D plot with the mouse
  • From: wilhelm.rainer at gmx.net (Rainer)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 04:18:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a very basic question: Does Mathematica offer the possibility
to zoom into a plot (e.g. a simple 2-D plot like the result of
"Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2*Pi}]") by using the mouse? I am talking about a
feature that many other tools offer. I know that one can
use the "PlotRange" option to zoom into a plot region, but it can be
quite awkward for every zoom to use this option.

Thanks for any help,
Rainer