Very basic question: Zoom into a 2-D plot with the mouse

I have a very basic question: Does Mathematica offer the possibility
to zoom into a plot (e.g. a simple 2-D plot like the result of
"Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2*Pi}]") by using the mouse? I am talking about a
feature that many other tools offer. I know that one can
use the "PlotRange" option to zoom into a plot region, but it can be
quite awkward for every zoom to use this option.

Thanks for any help,
Rainer