Part of a matrix or array

Hello everyone,

Mathematica has so many functions for accessing parts of arrays that
I'm not sure which one I should be using to get a submatrix, for
example, rows 3 to 7 and columns 11 to 14 of matrix X.  Should I use
Take?

	Take[X,{3,7},{11,14}]

Is there a more compact way where I don't have to explicit refer to a
function?

	Regards,

		Greg