RandomReplacement package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51391] RandomReplacement package
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:48:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have just uploaded the latest version of the fix for the problem with
Mathematica's uniform distribution generator Random[]. The package now
seems to work correctly with constructions like  Table[Random[],{n}]
for any n, though it is a lot slower than using the built in Random.
The idea of the fix is as described in my last posting.

The package may still contain bugs as I have been able to do very
litttle testing so I welcome any reports of strange behaviour.

The package can be downloaded form

http://www.akikoz.net/~andrzej/Mathematica/index.html

or

http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~akoz/Mathematica/index.html