Re: GUIKIT / GraphEdit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51368] Re: [mg51303] GUIKIT / GraphEdit
  • From: Jeff Adams <jeffa at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:46:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Oct 14, 2004, at 5:35 AM, Frank Brand wrote:

> Dear mathgroup members,
>
> is there an idea how can I use the options of Showgraph[] to control
> the
> appearance of a displayed graph but using the interactive GraphEdit
> command?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Frank

Hello Frank,

In this release of GUIKit, the GraphEdit example application does not
provide any
options to control the visual appearance of the nodes and edges in the
interactive display.
This example was put together to illustrate how you can hook up third
party Java libraries to the GUIKit framework, in this case the Java 2D
graphics and graph library, DIVA,
http://embedded.eecs.berkeley.edu/diva/

Unfortunately, if you wanted to play with the appearances and options
of the GraphEdit display window you would
currently have to modify the underlying Java classes that make these
graphs.
Source code is provided for these classes and you would want to look at
the
code in the com.wolfram.guikit.graph.* package if you were willing to
delve into the Java source code side of things.

Thanks,
Jeff Adams
Wolfram Research