Re: Re: Outer product in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51408] Re: [mg51352] Re: Outer product in mathematica
  • From: János <janos.lobb at>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Yesterday evening I was looking ways to find out quickly if a list of
string patterns match a list of strings or not.  Outer came handy.
Here is a small example:

The first sublist of the Out shows how the first element of lst
measured up to the elements of fragpatt, etc...

On Oct 15, 2004, at 2:45 AM, Albert Reiner wrote:

> [Jonas Sourlier <aeroswiss at>, Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:51:31 +0000
> (UTC)]:
>> okay, thanks alot. Could it be that "outer product" in English means
>> only the tensor outer product, meanwhile in German "äusseres Produkt"
>> has more the sense of the antisymmetric tensor product
>> ("wedge-product")? Our professor talked only about the second one...
> I have often heard the term "direktes Produkt" for what Outer does.
> Albert.
Trying to argue with a politician is like lifting up the head of a
(S. Lem: His Master Voice)