Re: can't MATHEMATICA simplify simple expressions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51529] Re: [mg51505] can't MATHEMATICA simplify simple expressions?
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:20:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Your desired result is only correct in certain cases. FullSimplify[(a^2)^(3/2), Element[a, Reals]] Abs[a]^3 FullSimplify[(a^2)^(3/2), a > 0] a^3 David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: Cole Turner [mailto:REMOVEcole.tuner at liwest.at] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net if I enter: FullSimplify [ (a^2)^(3/2) ] (in correct MATHEMATICA syntax, the program does not yield the correct result, a^3 ... why is that? thanks! -- Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights] "Just kidding." ('Airplane!', 1980)