Re: Creating a Moving Average Function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51652] Re: Creating a Moving Average Function
  • From: p-valko at (Peter Valko)
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Try out the ListConvolve function first. For instance the moving
average with weights 1/6, 2/3, 1/6 would work like this:

theSeries={a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6};
ListConvolve[{1/6, 4/6, 1/6}, theSeries, {2, 2}, 0] // TableForm

If you like what you get, you can modify the weights and can control
what is happening at the ends by changing the part:      {2, 2}, 0

I hope this helps.