Re: Inverse of "PowerExpand"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51703] Re: Inverse of "PowerExpand"
- From: Karl_boehme_9 at msn.com (Klaus G)
- Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> Klaus,> One method... > Log[a] + 2*Log[b] - Log[c]; > % //. (a_.)*Log[b_] + (c_.)*Log[d_] -> Log[b^a*d^c] > > Log[(a*b^2)/c] OK. But you assume that you know how to add logarithms.. > Concerning your previous posting, an expression like... > \!\(Log[\(a\ b\^2\)\/c]\) > can be copied and pasted into a Mathematica notebook even though it is not > easy to read in a posting. An Input/Output cell can be converted to > InputForm before copying into a posting or the Copy As Input Form palette > can be downloaded from.. Of course you are right. I'm quite new at version 5, so I have to get used to the different types of formatting. Klaus G.