Re: Bug in Graphics Text under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51674] Re: Bug in Graphics Text under Linux
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jens,

That is not really a satisfactory way to deal with this bug for the near
term. In passing I note that another system under Linux does not have this
problem. My real point is that although X11 has this deficiency, in the
end it is Mathematica that behaves poorly, i.e. it is a bug in
Mathematica or at least a mistake that the developers made in their
choice of X11 or whatever. I did not pay money to be told that Mathematica is
fine, it is X11's fault. Rather, I bought Mathematica to do a job and it doesn't.

Kevin